Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Too Easy

I feel like the richest person in the world. I feel like I've unlocked some secret knowledge about the world of cooking.

How so? Well, my husband bought me a food processor for Christmas. Now, she's not the biggest or the baddest, but for me? Perfect.

I feel like the world of cooking has just been leveled for me.. in terms of ease, variety and option. I am sure anyone that actually has a food processor is rolling their eyes at me... they already know.

Anyhow, in the few short weeks I've had it, I have used it a ton already, trying out stuff that would have kind of been a pain the rear without it or trying stuff that is just different..and maybe better sometimes with it.

One of those things is salsa.. restaurant style salsa. Don't get me wrong, I love chunky salsa too but there is something about restaurant salsa that unmistakeable and for whatever reason, up to this point in my life I kind of assumed it wouldn't be all that simple to throw together and perhaps it's not without a food processor, who knows? What I do know is I made, it was great, I patted myself on the back, I can have restaurant salsa any-damn-day-of-the-week now. Check.

Tossed these things in processor:
  • half teaspoon of chopped garlic (probably could've used a bit more)
  • small handful of fresh cilantro
  • nearly drained can of diced tomatoes
  • s&p
  • quarter of a red onion
  • few squirts of lime (equal to about half a lime)
  • 1-2 teaspoons of hot sauce (you could of course use any hot pepper, didn't have any)
I started off with the onion and garlic, once they were combine in the processor (2 or 3 pulses) - I added everything else and it was done as quick as it started.

I was almost surprised how yummy it tasted, I never expect anything to be near perfect on my first try. I think next time I will add a bit more salt, a bit more garlic and use a hot pepper. Here's to experimenting!



These photos aren't the best but it was night time and I was in the middle of getting dinner of the table and trying to capture this :]

No comments:

Post a Comment