Sunday, January 18, 2015

Energy Bites

I was perusing Pinterest the other day for some simple, healthy snacks to make for a quick bite in between meals on workdays..  or anyday really. I decided on these adapted No Bake Energy Bites from Gimmie Some Oven - a great site btw! Original recipe created by Smashed Peas and Carrots.

I made these exactly as described however I didn't have flax or chia on hand, I think the chia is neither here nor there = your own preference but I think maybe the flax would've helped a bit, I added a bit more oat to compensate for the lack of flax.

These turned out perfectly yummy AND were fairly quick to put together. They do get a bit crumbly when putting together, I recommend maybe rubbing a little bit of coconut oil on your hands before rolling or just rinsing your hands in between every 3-5 balls or so, otherwise, the peanut butter sticks to your hands pulls the balls apart while you're trying to roll them. I also ended up letting these chill closer to an hour, I felt they were still too "soft" at a half hour but that might have been the lack of one ingredient, not sure?

I am looking forward to making more of these (with flax) and trying some of Gimmie's other creations and coming up with some of my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment