Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Aimless, Sorta.


That's what we were on Sunday, sorta. We met some family for lunch and then made a pit stop at home before running back out to do a couple of local errands which turned into a 2 hour (almost) drive away from home. Mostly because I can drive with nowhere to go for 3 or 4 hours in any direction and be completely content.. and I hadn't done it in a while. Of course, where we reside now, you have to drive damn near that far to get out into the "country", or any land untouched. 

Tennessee is not a huge fan of random drives or long drives for any reason but he humored me and kept himself occupied for most of it which was good for me because he normally zonks out if we have to go further than an hour.

We ended up going down a little memory lane of mine. We drove passed a home my Grandparents use to own out in the wilds..which now, sadly, is now a broken down trash shell of the immaculate, well kept spot it used to be. We also wondered down to a river inlet my Grandpa and I used to fish when I was younger.. the whole area has gone down in quality considerably, including the water at the dock. I was still able to capture a little beauty and reminisce a little internally.

To commemorate our redneck adventure, we got slurpees, corn dogs & donuts for the ride home.. I dig it.









2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot :]

    A little hole in the road town called Nobleton, about an hour or so from Tampa.

    ReplyDelete