Received my first Birch Box on Friday, Birch Box is a program in which you pay $10/monthly to receive 4-5 high end beauty samples each month. It is definitely a great idea and a nice way to inexpensively come across high end items to try.. I certainly do not buy a lot of high end anything but in the world of beauty (and other areas), some items you do get what you pay for so it's helpful to be able to try them out before dropping anything on them.
My initial reaction to my box? A little underwhelmed. I was actually a little disappointed in the size of the box.. before I sound really ridiculous, all I mean by that is that I knew since it was such a tiny box = tiny items. Don't get me wrong, I think the chances of getting anything full size or even half full size is probably a silly notion but I didn't expect it to be quite so small.
What I received:
- strapless top/dress "tape"
- henry prince ageless perfume
- eboost energy drink
- loreal mythic oil for your hair
- porefessional pore minimizer
My opinion on the products?
- strapless top/dress "tape" ~ not really interested, i personally don't wear strapless anything, i could see where this would help though, esp. if you are top heavy.
- henry prince ageless perfume ~ loved getting a perfume sample, this one in particular smells extremely similar to another perfume that i cant readily place.. not my kinda smell at all.
- eboost energy drink ~ i guess im interested, we'll see if it actually provides any energy.
- loreal mythic oil for your hair ~ eh, we'll see.. not terribly interested in hair oil but we'll see.
- porefessional pore minimizer ~ very interested in any QUALITY skin care.