Saturday, September 24, 2011

As Simple As.

Now that I am taking up space in my Grandparents house for the next few weeks, I try to make meals as often as I can to help out. Because we come from completely different era's and some of us have very discerning tastes, making a meal to please everyone can be.. interesting.

So this week one of the nights I made dinner, I worked all day obviously and my brain was kind of frazzled so I needed to throw something together easily.. I lightly breaded chicken breast w/ italian bread crumbs and quick pan fried them & then finished them off in the oven BUT (here's a hint) before I put them in the oven, I make a small (1/4 cup?) of italian salad dressing, mayo & butter and lightly brushed it over each chicken breast and then covered with a foil tent before putting in the oven. I'd say they cooked in the oven for about 25 minutes, maybe a little less at 375.. they came out beautifully golden and VERY juicy. Reason why? Keep moist..  keep covered.


While they were baking away I whipped up some mini corn muffins & topped with Joyce's apple butter (my honey's Mom). She makes SO much wonderful food and canned items, this was one of the items I had managed to snag and bring to FL with me..   and thank goodness, it is phenomenal, no.. really. So good.




No comments:

Post a Comment